The mission if you choose to accept – make broccoli taste great without flopping some crud out of a bottle. MISSION ACCEPTED!
Making cheese sauce can be incredibly easy, if you are patient, have a strong arm, and pay attention. This super-quick cheese sauce features the Sun Pillar Double IPA from Lolo Peak Brewing, although any double IPA will make the grade (okay, not every double IPA). Sriracha adds the fire, and cream cheese mellows everything out.
Sriracha Double IPA Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup Double IPA
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 2 TBSP sriracha
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Add Double IPA to sauce pan and heat to steaming over low heat
- Add cream cheese to beer, whisk until incorporated
- Add sharp cheddar cheese in 3 batches, whisking each time until incorporated
- Sriracha time! Add to taste
- Add turmeric and salt, whisk to blend
- Serve it up!