The combination of two worlds, the smoked and raw, the smoked Shandy Ceviche is a bold and refreshing. I started with fresh caught pacific prawns and clams from good buddy Jeff (shout-out) and used a bit of Leinenkugel’s Grapefruit Shandy. The result is a smokey, yet bright seafood dish.
Smoked Shandy Ceviche
- 1 lb clams
- 1 lb prawns, peeled & deveined
- 1 cup Leinenkugel's Grapefruit Shandy
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Juice from: 1 lime & 2 orange
- 1 ts. garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- In a bowl combine the shrimp, clams, seasoned salt, and olive oil.
- Start the smoker and set the temperature to 200° F
- Arrange the shrimp and clams on the grill and smoke them for 45 minutes with applewood
- While smoking, prepare all the other ingredients, and place in a large mixing bowl
- When the shrimp and clams are finished smoking, turn the grill up to 250° F and cook an additional 5 minutes, to make sure they are fully cooked.
- Let clams and shrimp cool, and combine them with the ingredients in the bowl
- Refrigerate ceviche for at least 1 hour to let the flavors combine.