Fiery hot sauce featuring the LouLou Amber Ale from Lolo Peak Brewing Company and jalapeño peppers.
LouLou Amber Green Death Hot Sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 5 green jalapeños, stems removed, chopped
- 2 serrano chillies, stems removed, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 12 oz LouLou Amber Ale
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the jalapenos and Serrano, cook until soften, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, add the beer and then the remaining ingredients.
- Allow to simmer for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add the blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge. Yields 16 ounces of hot sauce.