Flat iron steak from the Meyers Cattle Company is the star of this dish. Marinated in the Koko Brown Ale from the Kona Brewing Company, Island Teriyaki by Soy Vay, and crushed pineapple for at least 24 hours, the steaks grill up remarkably tender and tasty. The Island Teriyaki is probably the most delicious teriyaki marinade I’ve ever had.
By the way, the leftover steak makes a killer taco with jack cheese and mango habanero salsa…trust me.
- Two 1½-2 lbs. flat iron steaks
- 1 bottle Koko Brown Ale
- 1 bottle Soy Vay Island Teriyaki marinade
- ½ TBSP mango hot sauce
- 2 cups crushed pineapple
- 1 inch piece of ginger, sliced
- Kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
- Whisk to combine teriyaki marinade, brown ale, pineapple, ginger, and mango hot sauce
- In two 9x13 baking dishes, pour half the marinade in each dish
- Add the steak, making sure that it is covered with the marinade
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 24 hours
- Heat Big Green Egg or your grill to 400°F
- Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside
- Save half the remaining marinade
- For the glaze, pour the marinade into a small saucepan
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until slightly thickened and reduced by half
- Grill the steak to medium-rare (6-8 minutes per side), brushing them with the glaze in between each turn
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes
- Thinly slice on an angle and across the grain
- Reduce 2 cups of the reserved marinade by half...this is a great sauce.
- Serve with roasted yellow bell pepper and rice