Shrimp and potato is a classic tapas recipe. In this version, we change it up a bit and poach the shrimp in Woodchuck Amber Hard Cider with garlic and shallots. The resulting shrimp are crisp and refreshing. A mashed potato and polenta mixture is coated around the shrimp, and they are topped with parmesan cheese. Into the over, and viola, a tapas for Tuesday.
- 8 large shrimp
- 1 bottle Woodchuck Amber Hard Cider
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato polenta
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 TBSP kosher salt
- Bring hard cider, garlic, shallots, and kosher salt to a slow simmer
- Add shrimp and simmer them until opaque
- Combine mashed potatoes and polenta
- Take this mixture and coat the simmered shrimp
- Place the potato layered shrimp on a baking tray and top with parmesan cheese
- Into a 350 degree oven for 16 minutes
- That's it, folks.