Bacon Double Cheeseburger Beer Cheese Soup…sounds too good to be true, huh? This soup combines everything great about a cheeseburger and delivers it in liquid. Remember that you cannot stir enough, keep things smooth and creamy. No one likes a curdy cheese soup. The Quilter’s Irish Death Stout from Iron Horse Brewing was the perfect beer for this recipe, but any really good stout will do the work.
- 6 ounces bacon, uncooked
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 12 oz stout ale (Quilter’s Irish Death Stout in this case)
- 1 TBSP Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 TBSP ketchup
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 4 cups half and half
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- Spicy bread & butter pickles (optional garnishes)
- In an 8 quart pot over medium heat., cook bacon until lightly crisp, stirring occasionally
- Add ground beef into pot
- Cook until browned
- Add Montreal steak seasoning and hot sauce.
- Add beer and scrape the bottom of the pot with a spoon to deglaze the pan, allow to cook for 3 minutes
- Add half & half
- Add cheeses and stir until cheese is melted
- Allow to simmer until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with spicy bread & butter pickles, or whatever you like on your burger