My first crack at an African-inspired dish, the Apricot Ale Curried Pork Potjie lights the fire with its spiciness. This recipe uses the newly released Tree Shaker Apricot Ale from Lolo Peak Brewing, and it has enough “apricotiness” to impart that flavor.
Apricot Ale Curried Pork Potjie
- 1 lbs pork, cut into strips
- 1 cup Tree Shaker Apricot Ale
- ½ TBSP olive oil
- 4 small onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBSP cilantro
- 2 TBSP curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- Brown the pork in hot olive oil and remove from the pot
- Add the sliced onion and minced garlic to the pan juices, and fry until the onions are transparent
- Add apricot ale to deglaze the pan
- Add the curry powder, black pepper, and salt
- Return the meat to the pot
- Add the tomatoes and coconut milk, bring to the boil and lower to simmer.
- Allow to simmer until the meat is tender.
- Add cilantro and wilt
- Serve on basmati rice